Monday, January 31, 2011

Stuck Like Glue

WARNING!WARNING! WARNING! What I am going to blog about today may come across as TMI. I am transparent and can not "edit" this to meet the taste of those that might find it "distasteful". I am sorry if the following causes anyone any kind of discomfort. That is not my intention. My point in blogging about my journey to better health is to have a place to go that can hold me accountable. I am doing this for me. If it helps people along the way that is great! However, my purpose in blogging is selfish. Therefore, since I am blogging for me I am not going to sugar coat it. It does me no good. Not only that, but the blog entry would kind of suck!

So, here goes....

I have not started my period yet. I was expecting it about Wednesday or so last week and it still has not come. I guess if I did not have issues with water retintion during that time of month I would not really care, but I am still holding water like I do when I am gonna start and it is frustrating! The scale was not down at all and I am not happy about that.

Before any of you go there no I am not pregnant. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. There is a slim chance that I could ever get pregnant because my husband has been fixed and I am not a two park garage (if you know what I mean). Now, with all of that being said, I would welcome another baby. In fact, I would be overjoyed with a new addition to our family! On the same token I am totally okay with no more babies. Obviously because my husband is fixed. LOL! I just know that if it is in God's will for us to have another baby than nothing will stop it. I am okay with whatever his will for my and my family's life is. Regardless, I am not pregnant. LOL!

So, moving right along. My Mom started to have issues with her menstral cylce at about 35 and I am 35. This could just be a phase of womanhood that I am going through. Lucky me! I am seeing my doctor in two weeks and I will discuss it with her at that time. I sure hope this is not early menopause. I am so not wanting the change right now. LOL! However, it is then it is, right?

Where was I? Oh, right I am late and feel like I am bloated from it all.

As you have probably guessed I have not lost a darn pound! This is the second week that I have not seen much (none this week) of a change. Normally I would just throw in the towel and say this does not work and walk away. I am not doing that this time. I am going to stick with this because I have seen some benefits. I base the success of this on a few other factors. Based on those factors this is working!

1) My skin is beautiful! Usually I have some acne along my jaw line and/or behind my ears -- especially when I am PMSing. I also have always had a bit of a red undertone. No one really notices it because I am very good with my make up. LOL! Ever since I have started this diet I have not acne (one zit last week) and my redness is gone. Most importantly my skin is not sore! How I feel in my book is far more valuable that how something looks and my skin feels good.

2) My afternoon naps are gone. I no longer need my hour rest time AND I am only requiring 7 hours of sleep at night. This is HUGE! Before I would sleep 9 hours at night and then need another hour (at least) in the afternoon and I was tired all the time. By taking more care of what I put into my mouth I have given myself an additional 3 hours a day! As a mom of three kiddos and home educator I so need those three hours. Plus I just feel more "with it". I don't know how else to say it. Before I felt like I was in a dream state and foggy. Not now! I am much more clear headed. Plus I am really sleeping at night. It is like I am finally getting in some good hard sleeping.

3) I have lost a total of 7.5 inches in my waist and butt. I am amazed and so happy it was not in my boobs! I love my boobs and one of my concerns was that I would loes it there first and I have not.

4) I am down 11 pounds since I started this four weeks ago. I am not happy with that number. I expected to pull 20 this FIRST (not every) month. However, I have said all along that if I lost 10 pounds a month I am doing well. So, I made my 10 pound goal.

The one thing I don't understand is since I have lost so many inches why have I not lost more on the scale? I am not lifting wieghts so I find it hard to believe that I am putting on muscle. As much as it pains me to say that it is the truth! The only thing I do differently now than I have in the past is I walk my kids to and from school each day and that takes up about 40 minutes of my day. I am not speed walking by any means so I know I did not put on that much muscle (if any).

My husband was an athletic trainer and I turned to him in my confusion today and he had some insight that I am taking to heart. He said that I have been eatting the majority of my points and calories at dinner. I need to flip it because my body is slowing down and I can't burn off the calories as well as I could if I had them in the morning or before 2 in the afternoon. He is right. I have been skimping by all day because I love dinner time. I love to cook and eat with my family. It is where we all come and connect and talk. I don't / will not loes that and I don't have to. I just don't need to take seconds! LOL! Yes, I have been working the seconds into my points for the day so technically I am still "legal" but I am working the system a little. So, I am going to concentrate on not taking seconds and eatting the majority of my points before two.

In addition, my doctor told me that with my thyroid issue there will be weeks that I just don't loes and to stick with it because my body will have to give in. Apprently not only am I stubborn -- but my body is too! That is okay. I will win.

Mind over matter!

1 comment:

  1. Your intro cracked me up!

    I started having issues with Aunt Flo at 34, too. Now she rarely comes to visit, and I consider that a great thing!

    GREAT job sticking with it! And Charlie had a good idea about moving some of your calories earlier into the day. This will help to speed up your metabolism. However, if you find that is too hard for you don't sweat it! Like you said, it's more important that you stick with it than lose fastest.

    Oh, and I know why you are losing inches without gaining muscle or losing scale weight. But I won't clutter up your blog with the info.....

    You're doing great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete