Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reflections

I am still in the baby stage of my health and fitness journey and by no means an expert on any "diet" or "exercise" plan. I have no formal education on any of it. I am just an average 30 something American woman. I am posting the following based on my experiences.

I was watching the local news a few weeks back and a physical trainer was on. The interviewer asked him what program really works. I was quite shocked at his answer. He did not talk about the program his gym recommended or the health benefits of vitamins, protein shakes, and premade meals that he got a kick back on when they sold. Nope. He did not mention any of that. However, the answer that he gave will be forever etched in my memory.

He said: The program that works is the program that you will do.

Let me say it again only using myself in the statement: The program that works is the program that I will do.

How right he is! This is not the first diet that I have ever gone on. I started dieting at the tender age of 12. I am fairly certain that I have been on over 25 diets in my lifetime and each, for the most part, produced results. However, the one that I have always been comfortable with, the one that I have had greatest success on, the one that makes sense in my world, the one that I can stick to, is the one I am doing now. This diet plan has been my fall back pretty much from the get go. I have no intention of switching it up. Or at least not at the moment. I may switch it up if it stops working (then is it really the program that failed or me that failed at the program?).

My point is if you want to lose weight (for whatever reasons)than find the program that makes the most sense for your life. No matter what program one does he/she must stick to it in order for it to work ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment