Friday, January 7, 2011

McDonald's Apple Pie

I know it has been forever since I have been on this blog. I even thought I would just let it go, but I have made a commitment to shed 80 pounds and need a place to talk about my journey -- which is really my life. So here I am. I am back. I have debated on if I would start talking about my diet this time around so soon, but I am afraid I am gonna go crazy if I don't record my thoughts and feelings. So here I am. I am doing the old WW point counter program. Basically, because I know how it works, it has worked for me in the past and I don't have to invest any money in it because I already own it. I am happy to say that I have been doing great on it. I have lost 7 pounds so far (73 more to go!). However I am having struggles and I just had a break through today. I sent the following PM to my WW partner (gal pal from HS) on FB. Hahahahaha.....PM, WW, and FB all in one sentence and to think you know exactly what I am talking about (FB Face book, PM personal message, and WW Weight Watchers....sorry I just chased a rabbit....anyways, back to the PM I sent my friend. Here it is:

I don't know about you, but I am really hungry and only have 12 points left for the day! Why 12 points? Well because I knew we were going to go out to eat and I wanted to save as many as I could. I would have more points, but my kids wanted to go to McDonald's for lunch.....well....actually I promised them McDonald's. So, I had it figured that I would use 6 points on the grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo and a large diet coke. Which I did! I did my usual protein shake for breakfast and that would have left me 18 points for dinner out tonight. I decided to be nice and buy my kids an apple pie because they were on sale and I was trying to be nice. So, what does my little one say? "Mom I don't want the apple pie. Sorry." I tried to give it to my oldest and he said he was full. DO you know that I almost sat there and begged my child to eat it so I would not throw it away or eat it myself?!?!?! How messed up is that! Luckily, I caught that crazy line of thought and turned the frustration that my kids would not eat it into happiness that my child was listening to his body and not over eat ting. So, what do I do? Well, I could not let the darn pie go to waste....after all I spent a whole 50 cents on it so I did what every fat penny pinching chick would do....I ate it. And do you know what? I don't even like their apple pie! I just ate it so it would not go to waste (my heart diseased ridden mother would be so proud!) true now it will go to waste on my hips...but not really because I calculated the darn points for the Flipping pie and deducted it from my day -- it was 6. So, not only have I been hungry alllllllll flippin day, but I don't get as good of a dinner as I hoped and will be hungry all night too :-( But at least I am staying on this damn diet! I better have a big number on Monday.......just sayin!

Thanks for letting me vent. Now go back to your regularly scheduled FB ;-)

Until next time......

I totally know why there is a saying "Skinny Bitches!" They are so hungry!

3 comments:

  1. your last sentence says it all! I hate the apple pies but Mark loves them! You are too funny.

    Hugs,
    CF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel - my goal is to shed the 60 lbs I've gained since I was preggo with Karis! And I didn't plan well today and just ate a cheeseburger and fries at McDonalds! Only food I had all day and its 4:30pm! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick to it girly and you will do GREAT! I appreciate you starting up your blog again and look forward to reading about your successes.

    Semper Fi,
    m

    ReplyDelete