Monday, January 24, 2011

Weigh In

I did not pull a big number this week. In fact, it was not even a pound! However, I am really happy with it! I know that seems crazy, but it is true! I am happy with my 0.4 weight loss. That is an overall loss of 10.8.

Why am I happy with just a 0.4 loss? Wasn't my goal at least 2.5? Yes, it was. However, I failed to look at the calender last week when I set that number as my goal.

Hmmmm....how can I say this in a tasteful lady like manner......

Thinking......thinking......and there really is no way other than to just come out with it. If you have not figured it out, I am transparent. What you read is what I am and what you see is what you get. So, here goes...more transparency.

I am a woman (duh, right?). I have birthed three babies (2 of which were over 10 pounds AND I did it naturally). My menstrual cycle is like clock work. I ovulate at the exact same time every month and 3 days before I ovulate I get a zit or two on my neck. I crave certain foods a week before I start my period (there I said it--period. Read it again PERIOD. Other terms include "The Read Sea" and "Aunt Flo", but we won't call it that because that is juvenile. I could say menstruate, but truth be told I am not quite sure if I am spelling that correctly and am afraid spell checker will miss it.) and I don't want to eat much about two days after I end it. I am truly a woman in all regards. My hormones dictate a lot of what I want to eat, how I feel, and (here is the clincher) how I retain water.

With all of that being said this is my heavy time of the month. Usually I am up three pounds for the next five days. I am so happy that I was able to still lose something. Now, I am not gonna deduct that three pounds that I usually have on me right now. I am strictly going with what the scale says. Otherwise it turns into a guessing game and I am not gonna even start to play that.

So, there you have it...or perhaps I have it. I lost 0.4 pounds last week.....0.4 glorious pounds!

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! I wish everyone's body ran like clockwork... < mutters off grumbling > ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! I lost .2 this week, and yes, it was my time too! So you did better than me - I have have one week to lose 1 more pound to hit my monthly goal. Keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete