Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just Thinking....

I don't even know if this is worthy of a blog entry. I mean I don't have anything cute, funny or all that earth shattering to talk about. I just have not been on here for a few days and thought I needed to post something. I guess I can tell you about what I am working on. I am actually writing a book and a cookbook. The book has been rolling around in my head since I have been 11 years old -- 25 years. I have been working on it for about a year and it should be done by mid November. Do I think it will get published and be a best seller? Probably not, but this nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach to write it will be met. I am simply writing it to get it out of my system. I have no expectations that anything will come of it, though I must confess I do dream about being a best seller and author. You know, travel around the country doing interviews and talking about relevant issues that affect families. Yeah....I know....pipe dream, but it is fun to think about the possibility.

I started putting together the cookbook as a comic relief from the book. The book topic is fictional and pretty heavy. Some days I walk away from it just drained and I have to let the other part of my personality out -- sarcastic and silly. So, I started this warped cookbook that has actually turned out to be a lot of fun. My family and friends are getting a copy of that for Christmas this year. It really is a labor of love.

Anyways, getting back to today, I had a revelation that kind of knocked me on my bum. I really am not wanting to talk much about it because I am bothered by it. I have a lot more changes that need to happen because I am such a hot mess on so many levels. An acquaintance mentioned in an E-mail that you have to take care of yourself and then your kids. It made me think of a quote that my teenage character says in my book and it is so true. I hesitate to put it out there, because it is like my cornerstone of my fictional piece and has been just my little jewel, treasure, and secret of sort. However, I need to state it in public...maybe to make it more real? I don't know....but I got to put it out there in cyber land for the moms, dads, friends, family, aliens or who ever else reads this to chew on. Are you ready?

"I hear grown ups talk about how resilient kids are. You know how we bounce back after a divorce and all that.I can't help but wonder why they would say that? I mean if we kids are so resilient than why do grown ups blame all their problems on their childhood?"


1 comment:

  1. Honestly I think the "grown ups" that blame their problems on their childhood are the ones that NEVER grew up.

    ReplyDelete