Friday, August 5, 2011

It Eventually All Comes Out


This is not exactly what happened in our house a few weeks ago. I wish it were something as colorful as a box of crayons, but it is not.

 I had the children take the dogs out to go to the grass to do their business....you know what I mean....It was really hot in the valley and our puppy was really small at the time. She had not quite figured out how to use the doggie door, so we would take her and the other two outside every few hours. We stayed out there with them because we did not want them in the heat for to long. It was like they did their business, we saw, and let them back into the house.

On this one particular potty break all three of the kids came running into me screaming about how Connor (our oldest dog) had pooped out a blue collar. Now, I don't know about you, but personally speaking if it went down and came out then I am not worried about it, so I never went to check. I don't do doggie poo duty. Sorry, I changed and dealt with enough baby and toddler poo to last me a lifetime. Poo duty belongs to the kids and hubby.

Apparently my children were really hung up on the fact that Connor crapped something that was more than poo. Upon my husband arrival home from work they promptly told him the same thing: Connor pooped a collar. He told them that did not happen and my kids stuck by their guns. Finally, our of pure annoyance my husband said "Why don't you go dig it out of the poo and if it is a collar we can wash it and put it back on the dogs!" My two older children thought that was nasty, looked at their father in pure disgust (I think Annie may have thrown up in her mouth a little), and dropped the subject. Parker on the other hand disappeared for a few  minutes. We knew something was up because we were actually able to have a conversation without getting interrupted -- I love him, but he is high maintenance.

A few moments later we hear Parker saying "You were right Dad. It was not a collar. It was just this." He then presented us with a blue cloth used to clean Charlie's glasses with. The horror did not quite make it across our face at first. We were still processing the information....then we realized that our son had actually dug through the crap to pull out what he thought was a collar.

To this day I laugh to the point of tears when I think of the story and I want to vomit. Nasty...funny....I am so confused on how I should be feeling about this. The morale of the story is don't challenge Parker to do something -- EVER -- unless you really want him to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment