Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Homemaker?????


I have decided that I really like being at home and I don't wanna return to work...I don't wanna darn it.

I know some may think that is a mistake and would not be their choice, but it is mine. I even considered going back to work because I felt so spoiled that I had an option to be at home. So to be fair to all of those families that have moms that have to work I was going to go back to work. You know, suffer with my fellow womankind. Then I realized how stupid that was...I have to make the choice that is right for my family -- not the suffrage of women's movement......or what ever it is called. I also understand that a lot of women enjoy working outside of the home. That is okay. I am not one of them and that is okay to.

Besides I like cleaning.

Who else is going to teach the new puppy manners and tricks?

Did you know that I love to cook?
I mean....I REALLY enjoy cooking.
So, I shall be a stay at home mom....well....until the school district calls to offer me a job. Then, I might reconsider because goodness knows I have a hard time saying no....so......I sit silently hoping that the state does not have enough money to hire and I can continue doing what I love -- being at home. What can I say? I am a sh muck.......

4 comments:

  1. Funny! I don't think I'd like being a housewife... but I do wish I could quit one of my jobs and spend more time studying, cleaning, crafting. Anything but working. HA Maybe it's because I'm not currently doing my dream job, I'm just a lowly secretary? Nah, I'm just a lazy messican... HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not a shmuck, you are blessed & equipped! What a gift, an honor, a mission field, a service to your husband & family! And if anyone says being a home maker is not work, they are either joking or lying to themselves! the pay sucks, but the benefits are worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Betsie... I don't have the option to be with you in reality because financially, we just can't do without the insurance benefits of my job but I would love to be able to quit working outside the home in addition to working inside the home and just focus on what I am really great at. I also love cooking..... I could grow to love cleaning if I had more time for it and I definitely love being available for my babies!!! You stick to your plan and stay HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wrangled it so I can work from home... meaning I have more time to do all the things I love. But cleaning and organizing usually slide behind parenting/cooking/running the house and of course gardening.

    ReplyDelete