Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fruit Pizza

I am that Mom that will serve her children this Fruit Pizza at lunch to ensure that they get their fruit. Yes...I know it is horrible....or is it? I am sure you have seen these fruit pizzas before. Sometimes they are refered to as dessert pizzas. This one I actually came up with....I think...I mean I did not find it anywhere, but got the idea at the market and made it. For the sauce I use Nutella which is comparable to peanut butter in the breakdown of nutrients. Yep, it has protien :-) Ready for the recipe?

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

 pizza dough
small jar of Nutella spread
1 cup strawberries
1 C boysenberries
1 can of mandarin oranges drained well
1/4 C melted white chocolate

Pop open the can of dough and roll into a ball. Now roll it out to make the shape of a pizza. Place dough on cookie sheet or pizza stone (I used a stone) and bake for 13 minutes.

Slice the strawberries as the crust is baking. Wash the boysenberries and drain the oranges too.

Take hot crust out of the oven and immediately spread Nutella all over it. You need to do this while the crust is hot because it will melt slightly and be easy to spread.

Next layer the strawberries, boysenberries and oranges.

Heat the white chocolate in the microwave until melted (about 30 seconds to start and then e10 seconds making sure to stir often). Drizzle white chocolate over the pizza.

Let cool for about 20 minutes. Slice like pizza and dig in ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment