Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Boycott!

Early this morning....3:13 to be exact...I woke up with the clearest conviction. Do you do that? Get the best ideas in your slumber? Anyways, it dawned on me that lately I have been surviving, but not thriving and I needed to make a few changes in my life to live it to the fullest. So what did I do?

I promptly pulled my IPhone off the charger, logged into FB and posted on my status that I would be taking a week off of it. Why? Why would I ever do such a thing? Well, I have noticed that over the course of the last few months (maybe years...ekkkkk) out of boredom and habit I have been logging into FB and checking out what was going on. It was just taking up to much of my time...I mean....perhaps I should put my face in a book. What is the fascination with the drama in other people's lives? Or should I say the cyber lives we create for ourselves and how we want the world to perceive us. I am just tired of watching everyone else's lives and I want to live mine. Not that I am not living because I am. My family and I actually stay exceptionally busy, but I can't help but wonder if I spend the time I normally do on FB on time around the house or out of the house and with the kids how much cooler and fulfilling would my life be? So, I am taking the week off. I still will be online of course to answer E-mails and actually start using my blogs again (sorry about letting them slide....I have been on Facebook)!

Once I go back I will limit my time to 15 minutes a day. Kind of stresses me out thinking about things like my cyber castle and all....hmmmm... I bet if I put as much time into my house as I do into my pretend castle my house could end up like a castle! That is a thought....

Anyways, I am rambling...I do that often...ramble.....where was I going with this? I forgot....has FB caused me to have ADD? Maybe....in the mean time I can't wait to see what my week has in store for me away from facebook :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment