Friday, October 7, 2011

Simple Things that Make Me Happy

Ah, beautiful bulk! Is this not the most awesome thing ever?!?!?!?!?! I have a small confession to make....and that is that I thoroughly enjoy grocery shopping now. I love looking through the ads and clipping coupons. Then shopping two to three times a week at my favorite stores around town. Walmart Market place is naturally the most practical and money saving store in my neck of the woods (well Costco, but I don't do that more than once a month), therefore I frequent it often. Then there is Sprouts. By far Sprouts is my favorite store around. I mean it has this totally awesome super duper yummy bulk section that takes up 4 isles. Something about using a scooper to to fill up my bags brings a smile to my face. I will get to my third favorite store in a minute, but first look at the yummy stuff I got from bulk section.

 First up I found a candy mix for my dish on my coffee table. True, you can find bags of this like Walgreens, but what fun is that? Plus this was cheaper!
I just about peed on myself when I found Australian black licorice. I am making treat bowls for each of my kids' classes and I needed something black to filll the jars that I am making the owls out of. This could not be any more perfect. Of course, I will post pictures of the treat baskets once I get them done.

 Peanut Butter Cup trail mix for the kids.
 Wild West Trail Mix...could this look any yummier?
Carmel Turtle Trail Mix. I never knew carmel and trail mix could co-exist, but I am so glad they do.

In honor of Friday, I put together a snack bar for the kids after school

Last, but not least Trader Joe's is a great place to shop. If for nothing else the yummy pumpkin stuff. I will be making pumpkin pie and posting the recipe as soon as I get it made. This recipe is a little different then the one in my cookbook (it will be available in a few weeks) because I use canned pumpkin in the one I am making this weekend. In my cookbook the recipe calls for real pumpkin.

Come back soon to get the pie recipe and some upcoming developments and changes online in regards to this blog :-)

1 comment:

  1. I need you to send Skip some of that black licorice......text me with how much I owe you. He LOVES that nasty stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete