Saturday, October 15, 2011

Down on the Farm

One of my favorite things about Fall is going to the farm and picking out a pumpkin. Usually I nab two of three baking pumpkins for pumpkin pies, but this trip we just wanted three to carve for Halloween.

However, before we picked a pumpkin (or 2 or 3) we had to walk through the farm. First up were the cute little chicks :-)

 Next up was the "Rubber Duck" race. Annie had fun watching it get pushed down stream by the water that she pumped out.
 Logan took it very seriously....
 Of course they had to go on a farm train ride. Mental note: Logan is too old for this now. He was a good sport about it, but I think he was a little embarrassed.
Time for the goats. How did they get up there? I don't even know if I could climb up there.....

 "Mom can we PLEEEEEEEEZZZZZE do the corn maze?" Have I mentioned that I am not a fan of corn mazes? It was like 100 degrees outside and they wanted to walk in circles for up to three hours in corn.....in which we most likely would have to call the farm hands to come and rescue us because we can not find our way out of a bag.
 Guess what is in corn mazes? Corn!
 Look up and what do we see? Corn and sky....
 30 minutes later we still see sky and corn.
 Then heaven departed and an angel heard my children sobs of boredom and my aching feet and lead us to the entrance (no.....we did not even get to the exit. We had to come out with our heads hung low in an humiliated state coming back through the exit. Did I mention that it took us 45 minutes just to get back to the entrance? Yeah, for "normal" people it is suppose to take an hour to get through. For the "Weird stupid" people it can take up to three. It would have taken us 5 hours...at least....)Parker said he would rather play in the hay....
 Then we had to see a pony...
 and a cute little pig :-)

Then we saw a turkey. As I took this picture I tried to not picture it on my Thanksgiving table. Is it wrong that it made me hungry?

Next up cute little baby goats.
 Finally, a cool old school tunnel slide.
 Of course after all the kids went down the slide (Parker being the first) I discovered that Parker had goat poop on his butt.....ewe....
 Time for some go karts. I see Quads in our future.


 Then more animals....


 Finally some good old fashion rope swinging.
 Last, but certainly not least (I mean it was the main reason we went to the farm), pumpkin picking!
Overall it was a fun time. I am so happy that we have a local farm to be able to go to and play. Do you know what else is neat? Between the months of Decmeber and September I can go out there and pick my own prooduce. Hee-haw!

1 comment: