Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thirst Quencher!

It is summer here in hell...I mean.....errrr.....Arizona. It just happens to feel like hell, but really it is only like 107 today. That is a cool down from the weekend in which it reached 117.  Living here for almost two decades I have learned to only get out of the house every other day and only once. The heat is exhausting and your day is over once you come back home because you have to recuperate from it. I am serious -- so not kidding right now. Anyways, one of my bribe tactics I use to get the kids out the door with me is treats. More specifically: drinks. Can you guess my favorite spot?
If you said Starbucks you are correct! However, that beautiful white cup of coffee that I am holding is not even an option for this time of year. Nope :-( Now I am doing my summer drink which is:


Are you ready?


It is an upside down iced venti cafe Americano with sugar free vanilla light cream (like two drops -- I hate cream. Bleak!) and more ice less water.

Go order that the next time you are at Starbucks and watch them go cross eyed. Good times!

As you can imagine Starbucks can get pricey -- especially when buying for yourself and three kiddos (chocolate milk no ice extra whip.....yeah! I am teaching them to be high maintenance drinkers too.)

I then discovered a cheaper option:

You got it! QT! Now the trick was to get the kids to ask for it instead of Starbucks. You see I had to recondition...brain wash...call it what you must! I had to get them to want it more than Starbucks. They needed to dream about it, fantasize about it and when ever they saw a cup think of "QT". Considering that my daughter has a serious crush on flavored crushed ice I knew she was my in!

Top that off with a gift card to QT for her for her birthday it was a painless transition. Now my kids like red straws...not green and 32 ounces....not 12. More importantly I am saving a lot of $$$!

So, from the bottom of my heart:
Thank you QT. Thank you for your frozen drinks. Thank you for your extensive drink bar and most importantly cheap prices. I will for ever be in your debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment