Monday, July 11, 2011

Menu Monday

Have you ever wondered what was in some one's cart at the store? I know I sure have! So, I thought I would share mine :-)
 As I was picking out my red and orange bell peppers today I could not believe they were $2 a piece. What was even more shocking was that I was actually gonna spend $10 on bell peppers. Then I remembered that living in Arizona I don't have much of an option because nothing really grows here at this time of year with our 112 degree days. I then thought I should plant a garden and grow my own vegetables...then I remembered that not much grows here at this time of year, hence why I was spending $10 on bell peppers. I am kind of slow sometimes...sigh....

It is not like I am a big spender at the store. I try to go generic whenever I can so I can afford the important stuff -- like fruit and vegetables. I mean, let's face it I have "Sauve" body soap and lotion in my cart. Can't get much cheaper than that!

Do you cook differently depending on the time of year it is? I know we do! I do not like to turn my oven on at all between the months of June - September. If I can't make it on the stove top then we don't eat it. If I have to turn on the oven it heats the entire house up. Bad enough it feels like an oven outside. I certainly don't want to feel like a roasted pig on the inside.

I thought I would share with you a our menu for this week. All of which can be prepared on the stove or no heat at all.

Monday: BBQ Cheddar Chicken Roll up with salad
Tuesday: Fruit and almond salad with French bread
Wednesday: BLT salad with Steam Whistle Hot dogs
Thursday: Sausage Pepper Pasta
Friday: Brother's Pizza

Of course I had to buy stuff for sweet treats for the little people! They made these this afternoon:
 They are Oreo Pudding Pops and super easy to make! Just take 3.9 package of chocolate instant pudding mix and whip that with 2 c milk for 2 minutes. Then add 1/2 C cool whip thawed and 6 crushed oreos. Stir until blended and pour into small disposable cups and stick a Popsicle stick in each of them. Place in the freezer for about five hours. To loosen the cups just run warm water on the outside and it should come right out! Enjoy

Of course no shopping trip would be complete without picking up something for our new baby....Sierra....no not a child.....a puppy! I could not resist. It was pink and silly :-)
Look at the teeth on that thing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment