Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Just An Update

I can not believe that it is almost 2012. Where has the year gone? Thinking past over the last year a lot has changed in my little world.

 In August I went from constantly having a child under foot with no more than a 2 hour break to all my kids in school from 8 -3. Now, I thought in the beginning that I would mourn this new transition in life. I totally over thought about it and went through the motions of licking my wounds and drowning in my sorrow even though....get this...I never went through it. I can't believe I am saying this, but I LOVE this new stage in my life. I enjoy my kids a lot more now too. Not that I did not before, but they are able to do more stuff with and we can have more grown up conversations with humor. It is great!

 I had a few health scares and have to get blood work done now twice a year for the rest of my life to keep it under control. From this I have learned that my veins run deep and slightly slanted. If I tell the tech that it does not hurt to have my blood drawn. Not feeling like a human pin cushion is such a good thing.

I never brought this one up, and it is totally TMI and I am sorry, but it was a huge deal in my little world just because it was such a PITA. What am I referring to? Well, the never ending period. Seriously for about 6 months I was only not bleeding for 4 days out of the month. I am not out of the woods with my girly troubles just yet, but I am almost there. I got to admit that even though I am totally done with having babies the thought that my body is starting to line up in agreement with my choice I made 6 years ago makes me sad.....I am getting old :-(

We are finally seeing some relief from the economy. Seriously, the last three years have been really hard. We actually had to talk about things like letting our house go into foreclosure and how long we thought the bank would let us live in it without paying on it. That was a brief conversation and only lasted like 5 minutes, but the thought of it was scary. I am happy to say that I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train coming to run me over....well.....I certainly hope not, but who really knows, right?

One thing that has helped our family soften the blow of the economy is our kennel. I am happy to say that we have breed Goldens and I really love it! I can work from home and fall in love with cute little furry babies. True, saying good bye to them as they go into their new homes makes me cry like a big ole' baby, but that is a small price to pay considering the blessings these little guys bring to families and therapy organizations.

Here is a very limited amount of pictures of the last year:











I leave you with this sweet photo of Parker and the BLUR. The Blur was one of our puppies from the last litter that Parker took a liking to. The Blur is now a Guide Dog for the South East Guide Dog association basically because of Parker dragging this animal everywhere and "training" him to be able to be hugged on no matter what :-)

Many blessings to you and yours in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment